Access the whole Gabriel Method Series of articles

A little over a week ago I started The Gabriel Method.   This is a new approach to weight loss, with his book being released around the new year.

Jon Gabriel used to weigh over 400 lbs and he spent years of his life dieting and regaining the weight, spending thousands with Dr. Atkins and continually forcing himself to lose weight only to gain it back and even more.  He took it on as his mission to figure out why his body wanted to be fat.

He attended Wharton School of Business, studying biochemistry as well while he was there.  He also studied at the VA hospital in Philadelphia.  He has researched and read hundreds of research reports, learning everything he could about biochemistry, neurobiology, psychology, nutrition, and much more.  He also studies meditation, neuro and psycho linguistics, field of consciousness research and even quantum physics.  Even more importantly he started studying  his own body.

What he found is quite remarkable and his own weight loss is just one example of it working.  He lost over 200 lbs in 2 1/2 years.

I am not usually one to write about something personally unproven, especially when it comes to diet and health, but I really want to document this process so I don’t forget everything I’m learning.

I am feeling really great and enjoying the new foods that I am trying.  I am generally in a better mood and sleeping really well.  This after only a week with just the smallest of diet changes.

This is a really new program so there isn’t a lot of information about it our there.  I am very curious about the process and the outcomes and hope that sharing my experiences will be helpful to others exploring this approach.

It also includes incorporating a lot of new foods that I was generally unfamiliar with, so creating and sharing recipes will be fun.

All of the posts related to my experiences will be gathered under the Article Series tab at the top of the page.

Buy the Book Now!

6 Responses to The Gabriel Method – New Article Series

• sue says:

Good luck to you! I just ordered the book and CD and am looking forward to starting on this journey. Goodness knows, all the other diests haven’t worked.

I’m looking forward to seeing how you progress on this.

• TN Tom says:

I’ve been working at getting into the swing of this method (Can’t really call it a diet…) for the past two weeks. The first week I was reading the book and doing the research I was attempting to encorporate the meditation and foods into my routine. The second week I left to got to work and have been finding many challenges. I work offshore on an oilrig and am having difficulty finding a quiet place for meditation (rigs are loud by design and definition). Also, the meals on the rig are catered, which makes finding the correct food choices difficult. I suppose that I’ll have to bring some of my own foods and do my meditation in some remote equipment room while wearing earplugs. My wife has had our book, which precluded me from taking it offshore with me. We only bought one copy originally, I have another on order to be delivered before I arrive back home in a week. The CD I have yet to try. I’ll try to check back on here in a few weeks to let you know how it’s going.

I’m anxious to discover if this really works, as I suspect it will. I love the idea of a holistic approach to helping your body find its normal size. What a great concept!

• admin says:

Thank you so much for stopping by. It is very motivating and inspiring to hear other peoples experiences and challenges.

You do have some challenges. I am certainly not an expert, but I do have a couple of ideas that might make things a little easier for you when you are offshore.

First, I would highly recommend the cd. I have heard a lot of people who are seeing significant changes in their behavior and thinking from doing nothing but listening to the cd while going to sleep. This should be something you can do on the rig. Just get a portable cd player or mp3 player and some ear buds. The audio even helps with outside distractions my making a suggestion early on in the meditation that outside noises bring you deeper into the state you need to be in to be most influenced and aided by the cd. I have found that I am more confident, positive and motivated during the day, not only with my food and exercise, but with my work and my family as well. I think it is the most powerful part of this program. I also sleep like a rock, it’s great.

Because of the catering situation, there are definitely some limitations on your food intake, but I wouldn’t be surprised if you start listening to the cd that ideas and ways of making it work for you just come to you. Also, supplements would be a good way for you to get started and something you could bring with you. You could also bring some ground flax with you. It is more potent if you grind it right before you eat it, but pre-ground is better than nothing. Depending on your situation, you might also be able to bring a small coffee grinder with you that you could grind a couple of tablespoons in the morning and then sprinkle them on everything you eat all day.

Lastly, if you can get your hands on anything fresh, get as much as you can. If they are serving salad then make sure to take a bunch and then you can have anything you want with that, just eat it with the salad. Also, take advantage of any fresh fruits or vegetables they may serve.

With all that said, don’t stress about it or make it really hard on yourself or it becomes a diet and then it won’t work. Try adding one or a couple of things at a time, don’t try to take it all on at once.

Good Luck and make sure to keep me updated on your progress.

• TN Tom says:

Wow, thanks for the ideas and encouragement as well. I’m pretty eager to try the CD. I left that with my bride also.

My daughter (25 years old, three girls, 6, 4 and 11 months) is a Stay At Home Mom and I’m going to recommend your site to her. You girls both have my undying respect for raising your children in the manner in which, I believe, they should be raised. That takes courage and tons of commitment. Keep up the wonderful investment and it will pay off HUGE dividends in the future. You know that already though.

Thanks for the tips, sometimes I suppose we need someone outside of ourselves to help us see what’s right in front of us. I’ll keep you updated.

Be well.

• Sam J. says:

I have great experience with this method and recommend it to anyone who’s looking for solid results, but you need to stick to the plan, no quick fix here. :)

• Vineeta Reddy says:

Hi,
    Thank you so much for writing about your experiences. I have ordered my book and started the visualisation last night. Look forward to thinking more positively about my body.

How are you doing 3 years later?

Vineeta